Executive Director Search
The California Collaborative for Educational Excellence Board is conducting a confidential search for its next Executive Director. The CCEE Board has contracted with Leadership Associates to assist them with this search.
As of April 20, 2018, the following has occurred:
1. Input regarding desired qualities and characteristics for the next Executive Director has been received from a wide variety of stakeholders. This input was helpful in creating a position description which is posted on the websites for the CCEE (here) and Leadership Associates (here). A summary of the major themes emerging from this process may be viewed by clicking on this link.
2. The position was advertised widely. In addition, Leadership Associates actively recruited candidates that were potentially good matches to the qualities and characteristics noted in the position description.
3. The application period closed on April 9, 2018. A summary of the applicant pool was provided to the CCEE Board at its meeting on April 12, 2018. The summary may be viewed by clicking on this link.
4. Leadership Associates presented a revised timeline to the Board on April 12th. The current timeline approved by the Board is posted here.
5. At the request of the CCEE Governing Board, Leadership Associates gathered information related to compensation for the Executive Director position and produced a memo that is posted here.
6. Leadership Associates is conducting reference checks on prospective candidates. Sally Frazier, Sandy Thorstenson and Jim Brown will meet with the Board's search advisory subcommittee on May 8, 2018, to review individual candidate application papers, share information gathered from the reference checks, and assist the advisory subcommittee in identifying candidates to recommend to the full Board for interviews on May 24-25, 2018.
Executive Director search documents: