SELPA Lead Agencies
WE SUPPORT SELPA LEAD AGENCIES
In partnership with the California Department of Education (CDE), the CCEE facilitates the work of the Special Education Resource (SELPA) Lead Agencies which work collaboratively within the System of Support to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
SELPA leads work as capacity builders, connectors and facilitators to ensure that an integrated educational system in California meets the needs of all learners, including students with disabilities. Overview of the SELPA Lead Agency initiatives.
SELPA SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT LEAD
This type of SELPA Lead builds capacity of SELPAs statewide through training and supporting the use of data best practices, as well as evidence-based practices in root cause analyses, systems alignment, and coherence.
The SELPA System Improvement Lead is made up of the following agencies:
- El Dorado County Office of Education SELPA
- Riverside County Office of Education SELPA
- West San Gabriel Valley SELPA
SELPA CONTENT LEADS
There are four SELPA Content Lead Agencies that offer further support to SELPAs so they can help Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) develop and implement evidence-based practices for students with disabilities.
The SELPA Content Leads are listed below along with their content focus areas:
- Equity, Disproportionality and Design
Led by South County SELPA
- Improving Outcomes for English Learners with Disabilities
Led by Imperial County SELPA
- Open Access: Learning and Participation for All
Led by Placer County SELPA
- Evidence-Based Practices for Students with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities
Led by Marin County SELPA and CAPTAIN
SELPA LEADS THEORY OF ACTION