LAST UPDATED: December 19, 2022
The Community Engagement Initiative (“CEI”) was established by the California State Legislature and the Governor on June 27, 2018 per Section 140 of Chapter 32 of the Statutes of 2018 for the purpose of all of the following:
- Build capacity in communities and districts to have “difficult conversations” with each other and build trust, with a focus on improving outcomes for pupils.
- Identify effective models of community engagement and metrics to evaluate those models.
- Develop effective peer-to-peer partnerships between districts and COEs, utilizing CCEE’s PLN structure, to deepen community engagement.
- Scale-up this work to improve community engagement statewide and incorporate practices that prove effective towards district and COE continuous improvement efforts.
In 2022, the California State Legislature and the Governor expanded the Community Engagement Initiative per Education Code 52073.3. CCEE is seeking proposals to support this expansion through the development of professional learning content development services as described below:
Develop a training series and resources that will accomplish all the following:
- Develop professional development through train-the-trainer models or online training modules that are scaffolded to support the continued professional development and deeper expertise of educators.
- Provide technical assistance to local educational agencies.
- Develop a network of educators, especially those selected to participate in previous community engagement professional learning networks pursuant to Section 140 of Chapter 32 of the Statutes of 2018, who can provide coaching and training to other local educational agencies.
Ensure the developed training series and resources shall include content on areas, including, but not limited to, all the following:
- How to have conversations on complex issues such as race, language, disability, understanding community expertise, and sharing power.
- Engaging local educational agency and school site staff in those trainings to build the knowledge, skillsets, and commitment of key staff in improving pupil, family, and community engagement.
- Focusing on and centering the voices of pupils, families, and communities in decision-making processes.
- Protocols for facilitating professional learning networks to help other communities and school districts improve and deepen their interactions, including the Community Engagement Initiative Protocol Toolkit, developed, and tested by community engagement professional learning networks.
- Metrics for measuring increases in community engagement.
- How to leverage the Community Engagement Initiative for transformational school investments and authentic pupil, family, community, and educator engagement, including, but not limited to, local control and accountability plans, expanded learning opportunity programs, and California Community School Partnership Act grants.
Proposals due: Wednesday, November 30, at 4:00pm
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) (Due 11/30/22 at 4:00pm)
QUESTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS (CCEE to publish responses by 11/21/22)
LAUNCH QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES
NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD (CCEE to publish by 12/19/22)