Summer learning provides a renewed opportunity to invite stakeholders to the table, including teachers, parents, and community partners, to collaborate as key designers of a balanced approach to student learning. A blend of academics, social interaction, and enrichment is key to engaging students, increasing their sense of belonging, and unlocking their curiosity and passion for learning. Consider leveraging the resources and expertise of key partners like the YMCA, county-wide recreation programs, churches, advocacy groups, social services, and other community-based organizations to expand access to both academic and mental health supports available to students. The need to expand access to summer learning has never been greater or more important!
This webinar will provide an overview of how local educational agencies can partner with community based organizations to provide summer enrichment and learning opportunities for this summer and beyond.
- Dr. Linda Darling Hammond, President of the State Board of Education
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, California Surgeon General
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom, First Partner
- Ben Chida, Chief Deputy Cabinet Secretary, Office of the Governor
- Alfredo Velasco, President & CEO of the YMCA of Greater Long Beach
- Rob Connolly, President of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco
- Armando Quintero, Director of California State Parks
- + Representative from the California State Library!