Episode Two of the inspiring podcast series Rising From The Margins centers on Highland Elementary in the Inglewood Unified School District, a beacon of hope and transformation amidst the challenging landscape of post-COVID-19 education.
- The Journey of Highland Elementary: Discover how Highland Elementary, after receiving state emergency funds, embarked on a transformative journey under the Intensive Assistance Model (IAM), driven by the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence.
- Shift to Local Control: Following the enactment of AB 1840, Highland Elementary experienced a significant shift in management, moving from a state-centric to a locally controlled approach. This change fostered new opportunities and challenges, reshaping the educational experience.
- Leadership and Innovation: Under the combined leadership of Los Angeles County Superintendent Dr. Debra Duardo, County Administrator Dr. James Morris, and Chief Academic Officer Dr. Bernadette Lucas, the school has become a model of educational innovation.
- Piloting Intensive Assistance Model: Led by Principal Mr. Jones, Highland Elementary’s pilot of the Intensive Assitance Model program is a case study in effective adaptation and implementation, with potential implications for district-wide adoption.
- Teacher Leadership and Collaboration: The episode shines a spotlight on the critical role of teacher leadership, the power of collaboration, and the effectiveness of data-driven strategies in addressing the unique needs of students.
#JoinIAMMovement #EducationRevolution #CaliforniaSchools
If you have any questions about CCEE and how to engage with our resources and professional learning opportunities, please visit our website. Stay Ahead in Education! 📚 Check out our Podcast Rising from the Margins, Statewide System of Support Directory, and Friday 5! Join CCEE’s ListServ & Calendar Updates to Never Miss an Event. Sign Up Now for Limitless Learning Opportunities. 🌟 #CCEEConnections”