New CEI Learning Modules
Date: December 29, 2023
The educational landscape is evolving, and at the heart of this transformation is the power of community engagement. Recognizing its importance, the Community Engagement Initiative has announced an in-depth training series aimed at deepening pupil, family, and community involvement in schools. These comprehensive resources and modules are designed to foster effective engagement strategies.
Purpose and Objectives: The training series, set to launch on December 1, 2023, was developed in collaboration with esteemed partners, including the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence, San Diego County Office of Education, Eskolta, University of San Diego, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, Families In Schools, California Association for Bilingual Educators, WestEd, Dr. Jennifer Edic-Bryant, Inform2Inspire, and the California Community Schools Partnership Program. The goal is to equip key school staff with the knowledge, skills, and commitment to enhance their community and family engagement strategies, per the mandate in Education Code Section 52073.3. By participating in these trainings, local school agencies and staff will gain best practice insights into effectively engaging with students, families, communities, and school staff to strengthen the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) process.
Training Modules Overview:
- Collaborative Leadership Structures: Focuses on shifting power dynamics in community schools for more inclusive decision-making.
- Community Partnerships for Systems Change: Teaches the importance of building trust and active participation in community engagement.
- Engaging Your Community from the Roots Up: Explores the fundamental components of effective community engagement.
- Enhancing Engagement for LCAP Design: Discusses community engagement in the context of the Local Control and Accountability Plan.
- Positive Community Engagement for School Administrators: Emphasizes the role of school leadership in fostering community relations.
- Parents, Families, and Caregivers as Equal Partners: Aims to empower families in the educational process.
- Progress Monitoring and Evaluation: Offers tools for evaluating school improvement efforts.
- Walking Alongside Communities: Focuses on building authentic partnerships with community-based organizations.
Impact and Implications:
This training series is a monumental step towards redefining the role of community in education. By equipping stakeholders with the necessary tools and knowledge, it aims to create a more collaborative, inclusive, and effective learning environment. The series not only addresses current educational challenges but also paves the way for future innovations in community engagement.
Call to Action:
I encourage educators, administrators, and community members to participate in the training series. It emphasizes the importance of their feedback and active involvement in shaping an educational system that truly reflects the needs and aspirations of the community it serves. The new training series is more than just a set of modules; it’s a movement towards a more engaged, inclusive, and effective educational system. It’s an invitation to all stakeholders to come together, learn, and contribute to the betterment of education through active community engagement.
If you have any questions about CCEE and how to engage with our resources and professional learning opportunities, please visit our website. Stay Ahead in Education! Check out our Statewide System of Support Directory and Friday 5! Join CCEE’s ListServ & Calendar Updates to Never Miss an Event. Sign Up Now for Limitless Learning Opportunities. #CCEEConnections”